Wednesday 23 March 2011

Existing Traditional Artists - Mann

Puma 
Mann Hau
Hong Kong
http://mannhau.deviantart.com/

Cyrano
1.) Could you tell me a bit about yourself as someone who works in the Traditional medium?
Well, as you can see, most of my posts are illustrations (drawings and paintings) because I really love to do these. I myself studied graphic design and illustration at the beginning of 1990s. All works from that time were traditional hand-made. I really wanted to work as an illustrator at that period... however, demands are always changing and the market of my city (Hong Kong) is too small for illustrators. Most people like me work for a design firm and only can occasionally do some freelance commissions. And mostly digital works are required because they can be saved and changed more easily. And certainly digital are expected to be faster. Today I only do illustrations for commercial use very rarely. Mostly I do paintings and drawings for my own fun.

2.) Are you employed in the arts/entertainment industry? If not, do you aspire to?

One of my previous full time jobs was making computer animations for a TV station. Now I'm still working in various design areas. But honestly my personal love is traditional arts.

3.) What equipment and skills are most essential in your work?

For working, Photoshop is a must for me.

4.) Do you use digital methods in some of your work? If not, have you ever considered it?

For my personal drawings, I also use PS for a little level tuning before posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment