Tuesday 22 March 2011

Existing Traditional Artists - Keith



Panzerfluch
1.) Could you tell me a bit about yourself as someone who works in the Traditional medium?
I work traditionally with a focus on monochromatic value.  Black and white work was always a primary focus for me, as was line.  I occasionally work with a few different mediums, but lately the core materials are carbon.
 
2.) Are you employed in the arts/entertainment industry? If not, do you aspire to?

 Yes I am.  I freelance full time in publishing, film, and game work.
Winged Vengeance

 3.) What equipment and skills are most essential in your work?
Paper, pencils, scanner and a computer are the essential components.  Lately my film work has made me organise so I can now travel to offsite locations to work with these primary tools packed in a single bag.
 
4.) Do you use digital methods in some of your work? If not, have you ever considered it?
Yes, I glaze my work digitally in Adobe Photoshop.
 
5.) Personally, what style of art do you prefer? Do you prefer traditional means or do you think digital is the way forward?

I personally prefer traditional work.  I don't think there's an inherent difference.  If anything, traditional work is easier in many ways.  The shortcomings of traditional work tend to look better than the shortcomings of digital work.  Many digital artists have mastered the inclusion of everything that makes traditional work great.  Unfortunately I can't imagine any traditional artists are able to compensate for the inherent advantages digital workflows give.  Because of this, digital is the only way to go in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment