Monday 21 March 2011

Aims and Objectives

A pivotal part of this experience will be expanding my knowledge of the software and hardware that comes with drawing digitally. I will be doing extensive research and practice into drawing techniques and will also try my hand on some of the new hardware and software in the profession. I will experiment with a graphic tablet, to see what new doors it unlocks and I will write a personal review on it, expressing my thoughts on it. I will be researching into how the digital medium came to be and will be studying a number of existing professionals in that field, understanding their reasons, passions and preferences in their medium, interviewing some existing sketch artists and digital illustrators. I will record all of my experiences and thoughts in a diary or blog which I will update regularly. I feel that this written part of the project is just as important as the final result, if not more, as it will show the thought processes, what I have accomplished and why I have done it. I hope to obtain knowledge of the digital art industry, the skills which are needed, the techniques used and the people that are involved in it. I hope to have a new found familiarity and proficiency with the software and tools of the trade and I will utilize these new techniques in the form of a series of final designs. I also want to look at how recent advances in technology have changed the way in which designers and artists go about their creative processes. It’s something that interests me and I feel I will learn a lot in my findings.

No comments:

Post a Comment